Some Thoughts About The DMV Tweetup Cookout.
Listed below are some quotes and thoughts about the DMV Tweetup Weekend that just recently occurred. Much love to all of those that came out and had a great time. Also, for those that attended #ClubDuce, I was told that it was a great experience by all in attendance. When I finally make my way there, I have two entry shots awaiting me. Ha!
1. I was mad nervous as I walked into the cookout. I saw the first table of folks just staring but once Trey greeted me, it was smooth sailing from there.
2. The park where the DMVTC was held in was a nice area. It was other people having picnics there and all parties respected spaces of the others.
3. The photos that I took are memories that I created for all in attendance. @CityAthena has some really excellent shots.
4. “death juice didn’t defeat me. I WIN. YOU LOSE.” – Max
5. “no one drowned in a paddle boat. That was cool. I fed a duck a hot dog. He seemed to enjoy it. Good weekend all around” – DiLL
6. “It was the greatest cookout EVER, cause I got to smell an Unicorn…” – Fina
7. “It was all love. One big happy family. It gets no better than that.” – CherriRN
8. “it was nice. Good to put faces and people with Twitter handles and such.” – CJStarchild
9. “It was a lovely atmosphere. Lots of laughter, food, hugs, & positivity. Couldn’t ask for better.” – misslisha3
10. Sadly there were no wardrobe malfunctions at the cookout.
11. “It was beautiful yo! A lot of cool brothers and beautiful women that got together to chill. No egos, nobody flossing, just chill.” – tydigga1
12. “it was cool, too many bugs though. The weekend as a whole was a blast though” – Paunchy
13. “well I threw the party so that opinion would be bias… But the cookout was chill. Nice spot, good ppl, I had a great time” – NinjaDuce
14. “it was a great chance to reconnect with people I haven’t seen in months and to say hello to those i’d never seen. Next time I’ll try not to be so shy and interact more.” – SimplyNi
15. “there were a nice amount of breast there, I enjoyed the sites” – recklessO
16. “It was a nice event. I enjoyed myself. It’s was good car hung up w/some folks I haven’t seen in awhile & meeting new ppl.” – SlimJay_
17. “Saturday was awesome. Sunday was eh.” – drugKNOWNasE
18. “Ok…Franny’s recap of the DMV tweet up cookout/ClubDuce …..BEST..WEEKEND…EVER ..” – FrannyD_iz_ME
19. “it was very nice to put faces w/ tweets, excellent job by Trey & Yeff. Met a lot of nice folks from the DMV, even a few from Bmore” – ImMrsRodgers12
20. “Positivity man. Good food. Good folk. Wonderful.” – Till
If you missed the DMV cookout…smh, sorry for you! There was lots of love in the park. From people I knew and those I met for the 1st time.
— Mr. Hood (@iamseanhood) June 11, 2012
— Mr. ManSitChoAzzDown (@AngryBlkManDC) June 11, 2012
Michelle (@FeministaJones) said it best:
This is not the best weekend for those who struggle with functioning well in social settings with a ton of people.
As I look at all the photos, everyone created memories that will carry on for years to come. This Tweetup showed that we all can function together as one. There was no drama, no one arguing about preferences or whatever else folks rant about on a daily basis. I am glad that I was apart of it and I hope that we can continue this for years to come.